About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada

Friday, September 9, 2011

Blood, Sweat and Dharma

 I had a special order for a ring that stretched my ability to concentrate, and found myself trying to harvest more patience than I thought I had.  My Blog title says it all!  Yes there was blood involved, and a few lost finger nails.  There was sweat, lots of that too!  The best part was the Dharma.  Day two I thought I had it figured out, I wasn't going to worry about time,  taking my time was the goal.  This I thought would give me the focus and problem solving focus I required to finish the job.  Nope!  Nadda.... no no no.  The harder I focused the more I over-analyzed each step in the process, something I normally don't give a second thought.

The Ring!

















My cell phone became my Dharma talk for the afternoon.  I logged into The Plum Village website and loaded a podcast "Peaceful Mind, Open Heart Retreat"  As much as I thought I was doing a good job of not letting past attempts interfere with this chance to get it right, somewhere deep inside I was creating a barrier.  Below are are two of my favourite mantras, hearing them in the Dharma Talk on my wee cell phone was more than helpful.  I had a wonderful afternoon catching up on Dharma Talks by Thich Nhat Hanh and just leaving the shop when I was done.  I left it all behind.


Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.
Thich Nhat Hanh

The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.
Thich Nhat Hanh 


Cheers
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment